Mary Beth D’Alonzo
On August 25, 1946, Savannah saw the last run of its streetcars, which were to be replaced by gasoline-powered buses as the city gave way to modernization. For years the residents of Savannah had depended upon streetcars, from horse-drawn to electric, for travel in and around the city. This engaging collection of images explores this period in the history of Chatham County, and the integral part that streetcars played in the lives of everyone in the community.
Paperback: 128 pages, black & white illustrations, 9.25×6.5 x .25